buy 12 -15 lbs prime brisket
- Trim excess fat off of the brisket leaving only a thin layer, but save the fat you remove for later use.
- Prepare Rub
- 3 Tbsp fresh ground coffee
- 3 Tbsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 6 tsp smoked paprika
- 6 tsp ancho chili powder
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- fully rub seasoning into the meat on all sides
- prepare smoker with full hopper of pellets and bring to desired heat (~225)
- place brisket on the grill fat side down (be sure to use the fat you trimmed off and place under meat to add flavor throughout the cooking process)
- monitor brisket internal temperature, when it reaches ~165 place in tin tray and pour 1/2 cup of fresh espresso over meat and seal in with top cover plate of foil
- return brisket to grill, encased in foil, and continue cooking until it reaches ~195
- Estimate 1 hour per pound but it depends on other factors, so keep an eye on the internal temp always
- When pulling from grill immediately place in an insulated cooler to keep warm until ready to serve
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!